DATES: 31/May – 6/June
HOSTS: Kathy Trithardt and Rogan Shannon, with guest co-hosts (Rebecca and Sarah) from Tea Hags.
The rules for this are simple: all the books you choose must have a queer main character or revolve around queer topics.
· Backlist Title: Read a backlist title (a book two or more years old)
· Group Read: This is What it Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow
· Queer Friends: Read a book about queer friends
· ???: Choose Your Own Category – tells us what it is in your TBR
· Female over 40: Read a book with a female protagonist over 40
· Summer Vibes: Read a book that gives you summer vibes
· Queer Sports: Read a book with a sports theme
· Poetry: Read a book of poetry by a queer author
· Non-Coming Out: Read a non-coming out story
· Graphic Novel: Read a graphic novel
· Rainbow Cover: Read a book that has a cover that is mainly a colour from the rainbow
· Host Rec: Read a book recommended by a host
· Bi/Pan MC: Read a book with a bisexual/pansexual main character
· Disabled MC: Read a book with a disabled main character
· Nonfiction: Read a nonfiction book
· 5 Star Prediction: Read a 5 Star Prediction
Use the hashtag #queerlitread
Here are a few books ideas, mostly that I’ve read, so recommendations baby, but some I’ve just heard great things about for some of the prompts. I think a few of them are easy enough for you to be able to find on a quick search, some I think are a little harder, as they don’t always tell you these things in the synopsis’. Here are the ones I had thoughts on, that I could think of off the top of my head, and some I had to look into, because if I had to maybe you could use the help too.
Queer Friends: in the MM romance world this works well, especially if you think about multi-couple series:
Assassin/Shifter series by Sandrine Gasq-Dion
Irons & Works series by EM Lindsey
Unbreakable Bonds series by Jocelynn Drake, Rinda Elliot
Twirled World Ink and spin-offs by JM Dabney
And there are a lot of these ones, it is a very popular type of series setting in the romance world, the ones above I’ve read and are about the friendships between the men.
Female’s over 40:
By Design by JA Armstrong
The Quarterback by Mackenzie Blair – def read!
People absolutely love Locker Room by Amy Lane (tho I DNFed it)
Harrisburg Railers series by RJ Scott & VL Locey (hockey)
Off the Pitch series by Charlie Novak
Out in College series by Lane Hayes
Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu (also sport!)
Fence by CS Pacat (people seem to love)
Bloom by Kevin Panett & Savanna Gaucheau
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
Mooncakes by Wndy Xu & Suzanne Walker
Bi/Pan MC: this is kinda hard because were you think bi is represented you could be heading into bieraser and that’s not okay, things have def gotten better over the years but it’s still there
The Disasters by MK England (great bi rep)
Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta, Cori McCarthy (all exclusive)
Kept in the Dark by Charlie Cochet (pan rep)
EM Lindsey has all sorts of disabled rep in, as far as I know, all her books, lots of different types, both physical and mental.
Charlie Sunshine by Lily Morton (not read)
Muscling Through by JL Merrow (mental delay)
Speechless by Kin Fielding (non-verbal)
The Binding Light by Renae Kaye (blindness)
Puzzle Me This by Eli Easton (wheelchair)
Handle with Care by Josephine Myles
Spinning by Tillie Walden
All Boys aren’t Blue by George M Johnson
If you have some more, please let me know in the comments. Let’s get a good list for people to come back and look at (even for the prompts I’ve not said).